To assemble rapidly a teepee shelter you need to have the following items:
- rain poncho or tarp,
- hand axe or knife,
- at least 3 saplings or branches 1.5-2 meters long,
Step By Step Instructions
- Cross one of the samplings ends over another and lash together loosely.
- Lash the third sapling to the others loosely. The poles should stand on their own by forming a tripod as soon as they are secured with each other.
- Set up the tripod so that the saplings are evenly spaced.
- Add more saplings to make a more compact structure.
- Cut some pine boughs and bundle grasses utilizing rope, lasth these bundles to the saplings. Pine boughs if laid with the needles pointing down will shed water.
- Place your poncho or tarp over the sides, covering the peak.
- Bundle much more pine or grasses and place them on the floor inside the teepee to provide an insulating ground cover.
Survival Skills for a primal world. Learn practical skills for everyday life in the wilderness.