Herbs ought to be gathered the moment the specific plant portion reaches the top of its healing power.
- Leaves and stems – before the plant blooms. harvest in the morning as soon as the dew has disappeared but before the sun’s rays evaporates the oils.
- Flowers – before they reach full bloom.
- Fruits and berries – when they become ripe.
- Roots and rhizomes – in the autumn as the leaves begin to change color, when the plants’ sap has returned down.
- Barks and twigs – early in the year as the first leaves appear and the plants’ sap is rising.
Survival Skills for a primal world. Learn practical skills for everyday life in the wilderness.